DO NOT BUY Night Camera

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dbboy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. dbboy macrumors newbie

This POS can't save the pics in the camera roll. According to the dev, this has been "fixed". This is an Alpha version at best and should not be on the app store. Is anyone at Apple actually checking this stuff?

2. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

It works for me *most of the time* - can't wait for the update! Its a shame because when it works, it works well...

3. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

4. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

OP: are you on an official firmware or jailbroken? the reason i ask is, i had purchased dynolicious when it first came out for 14.99 and it wouldnt run on my jailbroken 2.0. i decided to load the official 2.0 and it worked like a dream ever since

5. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

I'm running on 2.2 and I was NEVER jailbroken.

With that said, I remember the first picture I ever took did NOT show up in my camera roll. For whatever reason, every picture after that has been fine. I just check my camera roll right after I take the picture just to make sure I've captured the moment.

6. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Did you get the updated version that came out one day last week? Mines been fine so far since then.

7. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

Yup. And I have had no problems recently either.

8. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

no offense but you're not the "OP"

you aren't having issues and yours works. My question was to the OP in a positive way to help him get to the bottom of his issue

9. dbboy thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone is not jailbroken and I'm running 2.2. Occasionally a pic will show up in the roll but usually not. I really wish Apple had a bit more QC on their ends before letting stuff like this out.

10. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Mate, he was just inputting into the conversation. This is how forums work. I'd personally send him a PM if you wanted NO ONE to reply after your question to him.

I usually read the reviews or wait for abit until more reviews come before buying an application. However, I think it's more the devs fault for releasing a faulty app. (Worst case: MobileChat).

11. needthephone macrumors 6502a

The same thing happened to me- 50% of the time the photos aren't saved.
    It's a good idea but it needs fixing

12. kameko macrumors member

how does this improve night photography at all? isn't this basically the same thing as holding onto the 'shutter' button and then releasing so you don't get camera shake?

13. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

It basically reads the accelerometer to find out when the iPhone is perfectly still then automatically takes the picture - no button pushing required.

14. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

Well, you can't hold on to the shutter button with the regular camera app, can you?

15. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Yes you can. The camera doesn't take the picture until you release your finger from the shutter button. I hold my finger on to it and the release it when I am ready to take the picture.

16. kameko macrumors member

yes you can. which is why i was wondering how this app is an approvement. i guess it must be by a little bit i suppose. haven't tried it. shrug.

17. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

The mere act of pressing the shutter button causes the iphone to move which blurs the image.

This app sounds pretty ingeneous, and I might just try it out since it's only 99 cents.

18. kameko macrumors member

except like i just said, you can HOLD onto the shutter button before even framing your picture, and then just let it go to take a picture, minimizing camera shake.

19. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Gotta agree, this app blows.
    Pics save only about 30% of the time, and there is no discernible difference between them and regular pics taken with the in-built camera.

20. yalag macrumors 65816

this app is basically a scam. its really unfortunate that it has gotten on the top selling list. a lot of people has been scammed :(

21. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Other than the bug which will hopefully be fixed - I don't see how this is a scam? Maybe I haven't got steady hands but its done a better job for me so far.

22. yalag macrumors 65816

its a scam because it claims to improve PICTURE QUALITY but it DOESN'T. The app actually does nothing, you could easily hold the shutter button, get steady and release it

23. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This may be technologically difficult, but it would seem better to make one of those hand-steadying programs some digital cameras have. The app can steady the image for you and then you just hit a button to save it. With this app, the camera waits until your hands are steady.

24. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

If anyones interested.... this app has had another update. You can now make it wait until you press the shutter button then it waits until the phone is steady (and you can change the sensitivity). Working well here!

25. dbboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried the update. Pics now seem to save properly. I love the fact that it wasn't mentioned in the release notes.....Lame at best:mad: