Do not display certain songs in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Canerican, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Canerican macrumors regular

I got a DVD for university, and its 4GB of music I don't want cluttering my library. I don't really use playlists in iTunes, is there a way that I can keep this music (it all has the same album title) out of my itunes library (or at least make it hide)

Thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You could just not load it into your iTunes in the first place.

Otherwise, you could delete it from iTunes, then not select the option to move it to the trash.

TEG

3. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

I need the songs on my iPod so that I can study/listen to them often.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Then you are SOL. You could uncheck the files so they don't play when you are on random in iTunes. But, there is no way to listen to them on your iPod and not have them in your Library. Also, if you uncheck them, you could create a smart playlist that is all of your checked music, and just use it as your default view.

TEG

5. Canerican thread starter macrumors regular

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Well, there is one way:
    1. Keep all the songs in iTunes and sync your iPod.
    2. After syncing your iPod, delete the songs from iTunes but don't move them into the trash.

As long as you don't resync your iPod, the songs will remain on your iPod. If you need to sync your iPod again, and you still want that music on your iPod, you'll have to readd that music to your iTunes library and go through the 2 steps above again.
    :D