Do Not Disturb App turns off every day

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Julien, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Every morning (so far) the Do Not Disturb (moon icon) is gone and I must hit Settings had turn on again. This happens on my iPhone and iPad. Is this normal and is there a way to enable it for every night? There are no days or repeat schedule in the timer settings, just a clock. What am I missing?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

It repeats every night.

3. wally.waldo macrumors newbie

click notifications in the settings menu, then the do not disturb feature is in there click on it and schedule do not disturb to occur every day. its been working really well for me.

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I only see From and To Time, plus Scheduled (On/Off). Where is the Every Day schedule setting?

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

If it's scheduled it'll run at that time every day. There is no repeat every day option, because the scheduled toggle takes care of that.

6. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

...but it's not working on both of my devices. :confused: I did change the default Time and set Allow Calls From : Favorites.

The only other thing is I use both devices at night. I plug them in (charge & WiFi sync) and use the iPad (HD Nightstand) as an alarm clock and the iPhone (Zeo) as a sleep monitor. Wonder if this could effect Do Not Disturb?

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

I'm pretty sure they both have to be in sleep mode.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

As Zcott mentioned, your devices have to be in sleep mode (with screen locked) to work. If something is running and keeping the screen on, I don't believe the function will work.

9. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

That kind of stinks since I like many want to use the iDevice as an alarm clock. Hope Apple updates it because also some might need to use Do Not Disturb at work for certain hours but still use their iPhone (and other special use situations that are not at night).