Do Not Disturb Exceptions by CONTACT not indiv phone #?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by CavemanMike, Dec 10, 2015.

1. CavemanMike macrumors regular

In the Android world, I was able to white-list exception contacts from a do-not-disturb perspective.

In this iphone world, it seems like it wants me to favorite INDIVIDUAL #'s

If that's true, that's a huge inconvenience because everyone has 2 or 3 numbers, and some contacts (such as Sungard outbound has 12 phone numbers).

What's the best way to allow certain contacts to ring through overnight?

Just temporarily, I selected anyone in my contacts, but that's not ideal.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think you can create contact groups and then select the group you want to allow.

3. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

Add contacts to the VIP list/group then set the VIP list to always ring in DND.

4. ganja24 macrumors regular

In iOS 10 DND needs, Text Message Notification on/off switch for Fav people, Also should have a on/off switch for Selected app notifications to come through. These features are already on Android.

5. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

6. iL15hts macrumors member

iL15hts

Add contacts to favorite. Then in the DND setting "allow calls from-favorite"

7. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

What C DM said: contact groups. If you don't have a Mac, just go into iCloud Contacts and set up the contact group and who you want in it there.

Due to the various election cycles, my iPhone starts to blow-up with robo-calls, polls, etc. So I created a "DND Allow" contact group. Put all the friends and family and other important contacts in there. Only allow calls from them, optionally set "Silence" to "Only while iPhone is locked" for waking hours notifications of e-mail etc. As soon as I'm up, put it into DND manually with that group for "allow" (nights, I have set to "Favorites" and "Silence: Always".

A bit of a hassle, but, works.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

People have suggested that since iOS 6 days...and here we are.

9. ganja24 macrumors regular