Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
You can set up that only your Favorites can call you when the phone is in Do not disturb mode. But can you do the same for sms's? It looks like it doesn't filter sms's.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
You can set up that only your Favorites can call you when the phone is in Do not disturb mode. But can you do the same for sms's? It looks like it doesn't filter sms's.

It will filter the SMS completely unless you're using your phone(screen is lit).

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
It will filter the SMS completely unless you're using your phone(screen is lit).

Did you try it? It doesnt seem to filter sms's. It looks like sms's from certain people cannot be whitelisted as voice calls can. Actually when you set up a Favorite contact it only let you make favorite the voice calls.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Did you try it? It doesnt seem to filter sms's. It looks like sms's from certain people cannot be whitelisted as voice calls can. Actually when you set up a Favorite contact it only let you make favorite the voice calls.

When I said filters them i meant that if you get one,even if from a person in your favorites it won't ring.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Yes, sorry, i was saying filter as whitelist a certain contact. I am trying to allow certain contacts only to text me when the phone is in Do not disturb mode. But it seems it blocks all sms's.
Is the app iWhitelist the solution or there is a cydia tweak for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.