Do Not Disturb on Watch also sets it on the phone!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by anez, Apr 25, 2015.

1. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Just a heads up in case anyone else was, like me, unaware of this.

Set my Watch to DnD last night because I didn't want notifs come in while the Watch was off my wrist (I didn't have it on the charger because I want to test the speed of charging for a while). What I didn't realize was that it also set the phone to Do not Disturb, as well!

Fortunately, I didn't miss any important notifications, but it's something to be aware of. I can't find any way to set the phone to DnD without it also enabling that state on the phone, too.

The best I can come up with is Airplane Mode, which thankfully doesn't automatically enable on the phone, too. If anyone knows a better workaround, though, that would be super.

2. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone there is a setting for do not disturb and it is set to mirror by default. You can change it to custom and then the watch and phone will behave independently of one another.

3. anez thread starter macrumors 6502

anez

I kind of assumed that the mirroring would go only one way, i.e. "Mirror iPhone" for the Watch meant that the Watch would copy the phone, but not automatically the other way around?

Disabling that feature does put a stop to it, though, so at least that's one problem solved, thanks. :D