Do not disturb

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by carelesswhisper, Aug 30, 2013.

1. carelesswhisper macrumors member

Is anyone else having trouble with the DND feature? I don't know if just still has kinks in iOS 7 or if I'm not doing something right. But whenever I turn it on, I don't get any notifications from anyone and I have it set to get alerts from favorites. I looked at my phone later and had a ton of missed texts. Maybe I just shouldn't use it in the meantime, but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue with DND.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It only allows calls from favorites, not texts. Been that way since it was introduced.

3. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

The feature is called "Do Not Disturb"

4. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Yep that's right. Incoming notifications will always be blocked. Only incoming calls will pass through Do not disturb if set to favorite and/or important calls [2 in 3 minutes].

5. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

From the iPhone User Guide for iOS 6.1

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Do Not Disturb and Notifications

Push notifications appear in Notification Center and alert you to new information, even when the associated app isn’t running. Notifications vary by app, but may include text or sound alerts, and a numbered badge on the app icon on the Home screen.

Turn off all notifications:

Go to Settings and turn on Do Not Disturb. If it’s on and iPhone is locked, all notifications and calls are silenced, but alarms will still sound. You can set the following options in Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb:

• Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb: Turn on Scheduled, then set the time when you don’t want to be disturbed. iPhone automatically turns on Do Not Disturb during this period each day.

• Allow some phone calls during Do Not Disturb: When Do Not Disturb is on, ringing is silenced. To allow calls from some callers to ring, tap Allow Calls From. You can allow calls from your Favorites list, or from other Contacts groups you define. For information about Favorites, see Chapter 25, Contacts, on page 100.

• Allow persistent callers to ring through: Turn on Repeated Calls. If the same caller (based on their Caller ID) calls you again within three minutes, iPhone will ring.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I forgot to test this yesterday with my daughter's iPod before I downgraded back to 6.1.4.

In iOS 7 the Do Not Disturb settings screen clearly calls out calls, messages, and notifications. But it sounds like from the responses in this thread that is not the case and "everything" is silenced except calls. If so, that's disappointing. I want to be notified of iMessages from the kids (who don't have phones).

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

At one point in one or a few of the iOS 7 betas they included the word messages there too, even though it still only worked for calls. Now, at least in beta 6, there's no mention of messages there, just calls, which follows the functionality.