Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I know some people had success downgrading but I did not. After talking to 100 people on the issue it appears my iPhone 5 has now become carrier locked to Canada Bell. The thing is, is that I live in the US on ATT...

AT&T hasn't scene this before and the Apple Genius looked shocked when he saw Canada Bell under the diagnostics.

Just a warning.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
There is something to this.

Have not tried to restore, but every now and again I have Rogers appear as my Carrier- What is odd is it only happens when I open up 1password. My phone is factory unlocked and believe that for whatever reason some of the unlocked phones are run through Canada.

Last edited:

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
Have not tried to restore, but every now and again I have Rogers appear as my Carrier- What is odd is it only happens when I open up 1password. My phone is factory unlocked and believe that for whatever reason some of the unlocked phones are run through Canada.

Don't worry. It's not your phone. 1Password provides launch images with THEIR phone status bar in them. iOS 6 clipped the status bar out, but iOS 7 allows the status bar area to be painted by those images. The 1Password guys just didn't "clean" their launch screenshots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.