Do not try to upgrade your 2g Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erch63, Jul 11, 2008.

1. erch63 macrumors member

I have not seen it in its own thread, but do not attempt to upgrade a current phone to 2.0 yet. I tried and I regret it I have been waiting on the tunes store for over 3 hours. I wish I would have waited until next week to do it.

This problems is why apple should have release 2.0 prior to the 3g release. Everyone trying to do it in one day. What a mistake.

2. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

whats happening your end?

I thought it would be simple.. but this is the worst 2 hours ive spent with my iPhone!!!

All i see now is a stupid plug sign on my iphone with the Itunes logo!!!!!

My iphone looks dead.. all the content on its dead :(

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Well they kinda did, it was just "unofficial"

4. poisonapple macrumors member

I upgraded mine yesterday. It worked just fine. I downloaded the file from Apple's site and did the upgrade manually. I've since loaded some apps from the app store, and got my mail set up with my work exchange server. No problems so far...

5. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I have this feeling that the firmware that was out yesterday that was 1_2 was for the 3G iPhone....and 1_1 is the first generation iPhone.

6. Gondry macrumors member

i was in the same boat but after an hour my phone restored, I just kept clicking away, it won't sync and has lost all the music that was on it, but at least I have the phone back (and the app store on wifi:))

7. kid rock macrumors regular

im in the same boat, i now dont have a phone i can use!

im leaving early tomorrow morning and need my pone to organise going out tomorrow, thr address i need is on my phone that is now NON-working!!!

not happy

Simon:mad:

8. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Keep trying. It took me a little over 3 hours to get mine set, but once I did, it was well worth it.

9. erch63 thread starter macrumors member

Finally got it. It works fine however still does not show up properly under devices in iTunes, but everything else synchs. Now if Mobile me will only work:)

10. kid rock macrumors regular

11. volntitan macrumors 6502

Kid...

Same here. Phone is active and can use it, but can't sync right now. I hope that when the server deal gets worked out, it will all settle down....I hope.

12. colleyvillesoon macrumors member

If that was the case, wouldn't the software i am running that i downloaded yesterday have GPS options, option to turn off 3G etc?

Just asking...

13. erch63 thread starter macrumors member

Finally got it. It works fine however still does not show up properly under devices in iTunes, but everything else synchs. Now if Mobile me will only work:)

14. kid rock macrumors regular

Vol...

I have a txt message on my phone of the address of the place i am supposed to be tomorrow morning, without i have NO CLUE of where to go lol not happy, trying to sort my phone out using my imac that has not had itunes 7.7 on it yet, to see if i can restore back to before 2.0.... doubt this will work but will jump for joy and post up when it does/doesnt...

Simon