Do NOT Update to iOS 12! Why I Regret It - False or True?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by axari, Jun 8, 2018.

1. axari macrumors regular

axari

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Stupid clickbait, some toilet brush crying about why they regret upgrading to a beta on their main device?

Dumb.

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Hmm, installed a beta on my daily driver and now things aren’t working as they should. ALERT THE WORLD!

This guy is quickly becoming my number two most despised YouTuber.

4. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

Another moron with a YouTube account who doesn't have the first clue as to why Apple release these developer betas...:rolleyes:

5. chinanderm macrumors regular

chinanderm

This guy is a moron and has always been. He comes up with hot takes and hyperbolic claims in order to get views. But, I guess that is unfortunately the nature of the YouTube business.

6. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

He's not getting my click. It's a beta after all, can't deal with bugs, don't install a beta. He's just after views.

7. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

I used to like this guy but in this case he’s really dropping the ball.

- first he installed the first beta on his main daily driver phone. Anyone know it’s safer to install on a secondary device like an iPad for st least a month to see how is going.
    - he says he accidentally overwriting his iOS 11 back up with iOS 12 one. Everyone knows that before installing any beta, archive your back up to be sure it won’t be overwhritted and being able to restore at anytime without losing anything.

8. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Basically no-one should install a developer beta because this guy is a misinformed d*ck

OK, cool story.

9. Superhai macrumors 6502

Superhai

It is the new feature of iOS, when you use it too much and are a douche it will refuse to work.

10. 3:16 macrumors regular

3:16

Agree,
    What a stupid dumb spreading false information for clicks.

11. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

He's nothing more than a clickbate guy. Apple never sends this guy any of their devices for review which to me indicates that they are not feeling him or his videos.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'll always give this guy credit for his extensive explanations of changes in each release and I feel like this is more of a warning for the casual user than it is for your average MacRumors forum member. Also, I don't care to watch the video at the moment but based on his history I'd be surprised if he didn't mention that this build is for developers only.

13. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

His video starts that way but quickly regresses into a childish immature rant about how nothing works on his daily driver and that, because he screwed up his backup by overlaying it with one from iOS 12, that he's now stuck with it unless he does a full factory reset and starts from scratch.

That's the biggest issue I have with him.

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Yeah, I took the time to watch it and I see what you mean. He definitely went a little far with the app crashing issue. I don't recall him outlining any steps he took to rectify the problem and this is the first time I've heard of it even after reading through the Beta 1 thread daily. I, for one, haven't had a single app crash since updating.

15. billhelm macrumors regular

billhelm

16. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

So all the other things aside, are people encountering issues with apps that were working fine initially and then started to malfunction after some time for no reason essentially?

17. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Despite him owning a million iOS devices and loving everything apple does.

18. johnyslats macrumors 6502a

johnyslats

In my experience...

48EEB07B-7B90-4A54-9761-2FE3995CCCE0.jpeg

19. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

so what? I own every apple device they make and I love what apple does too

20. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

This is out of character for everythingapplepro. His videos are usually really positive in regards to Apple and even giddy about Apple releases. I don’t think he needs clickbait videos at this point he has close to 6 million subscribers

21. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

I mean Apple never sends him anything despite him being pro Apple.

22. johnyslats macrumors 6502a

johnyslats

That's unlikely to change any time soon. The guy focusses on leaks and rumours, countless renders of unannounced products, exposing bugs, speed tests and firmware changes. Great for his audience but you can see why Apple distances itself.

23. axari thread starter macrumors regular

axari

I really like EverythingApplePro, it has very informative videos, but this video is really disappointing and I am confused, that is so weird to think about. After all, this is a beta just for developers.

24. joesegh macrumors 6502

ONE BILLION NEW FEATURES L@@K

Feature 1: the text is now more bold

25. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

He's got over 5.6 million subscribers and has been doing videos for 9 years.

He's very aware of the risks of running a developer beta.

He's also very aware that his audience has a higher tendency to install betas on their devices so he passes along his experiences. Sure, he'll do it sometimes with click-bait-y titles, but do not for one second think that he's clueless about what it means to put a dev beta on his device. These are carefully calculated videos he makes.