Do NOT upgrade your Adium to .83

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Thanks for the warning. I had an 'update to .83' dialogue come up when I opened Adium earlier – glad I decided not to now! :p Mind you, having read the link in your post it looks like it's just AIM contacts that are affected. All mine are on MSN but I'll just see how things develop before I upgrade...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Weird...I'm on 0.83rc2, and it doesn't have this issue, nor have any of the betas.... Although Adium 0.83 did add a feature to collapse all contacts into a single mega-list.

But, also, as I'm sure you know, you can always use VersionTracker to get old versions of AdiumX.

Link to AdiumX 0.82 on VersionTracker

(The linked page says 0.83 but will download 0.82.)

:)

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Weird...I'm on 0.83rc2, and it doesn't have this issue, nor have any of the betas.... Although Adium 0.83 did add a feature to collapse all contacts into a single mega-list.

But, also, as I'm sure you know, you can always use VersionTracker to get old versions of AdiumX.

Link to AdiumX 0.82 on VersionTracker

(The linked page says 0.83 but will download 0.82.)

:)
Thanks man!

2 of my roommates are having troubles with this too.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
mikeyredk said:
I CAN'T EVEN LOG ON!!! TO AIM. Well thats what i get for stealing internet signals
AIM has been sucky this entire week, all my accounts get logged out randomly throughout the day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.