iPad Do not want to accidentally upgrade OS.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by getstuff4less, Mar 27, 2013.

1. getstuff4less macrumors member

Is there anyway I can have my iPad not check for OS/software updates? I do not want to accidentally click the button to lose the jailbreak.

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

If you have the latest version of the evasi0n jailbreak, it's already disabled. They disabled it in version 1.2, I believe. Even if you go into the software update tab, it'll just spin its wheels as it tries to contact the server.

3. getstuff4less thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded it and upgraded my software to 6.1. Does the evati0n update automatically on my iPad? Or is it already disabled? I can download the software update killer If need be, but if I don't have to, then I rather not.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you are jailbroken with evasi0n and have all the latest packages updated in cydia, you do NOT have to install software update killer. I would recommend installing resetallkiller just in case so no one will accident press "erase all content and reset settings" and put the iPad into an infinite reboot loop and the only way out is to restore

5. tastycaramel macrumors member

If you had jailbroken your iPad, you would not be able to update your iOS. It will give you an error message if you attempt to update. Trust me, I had done it several times with my iPod Touch jailbroken with redsn0w.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Only for evasi0n jailbreak, not for earlier JB's

7. tastycaramel macrumors member

For my iPod touch, I had a previous tethered redsnow JB and I was unable to update iOS. It would always give an error message when installing

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

9. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

That's true! That is what my Iphone 5 does! I'm glad they did that since that way my wife and daughter's I5"s won't get upgraded by mistake!:)