Do people actually spend money on iphone mmo games?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ray648, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ray648 macrumors regular

At the moment there seem to be a lot of these text based mmo games on the app store (see the code sharing forum for examples). From what I've seen, these games tend to be free to download and play, but you can pay for additional features or in game points of some sort. There are obviously a large number of people playing these games, but is anyone actually spending any money on it?

2. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I don't and I am so happy they have their own sub-forum. They were littering the normal forum, I stopped visitng for the longest time cuz of that.

:D

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

you won't find me paying money in games like that. but maybe some people do

4. cheese1756 macrumors newbie

I don't buy them but I like the free ones, like World War

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i wont pay for any iphone apps

free apps all the way

6. Kepesk macrumors member

I would gladly pay (even monthly) for an iPhone MMO if there were any good ones.

Those stats-only MMO games with pay options are not worth it, even for free. And they're all basically the same game anyway, just spruced up with different themes. And what's more, there are so many copies of each with the different pay options that they're completely clogging up the app store. I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded a new game just to find out that it was a different version of the same freaking stats game. Fortunately, I haven't accidentally paid for it yet. No, my money doesn't go there.

As it is, by far the best MMO that I've found is Parallel Kingdom, and that one is free anyway.