Do people fuss over Samsung Galaxy phones like iPhones?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by danilko1, Sep 18, 2014.

1. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Like the title says, how much fuss to buyers have over Samsung phones?

Can you go into Radio Shack and commiserate with the sales guy over Samsung phone availability and that the first hour of Samsung phone sales (preorder or release day) can make the difference between getting the phone on launch day, vs getting it weeks or months later?

This is no troll post.

[​IMG]

Samsung Booth, NYC durring market night. - I took this photo myself. No royalties required.

Attached Files:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. danilko1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

danilko1

It's just an observation. If you don't care then you don't have to say anything. Or you can say "NO"

4. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Yeah you see people getting geeky about Samsung stuff too, but Apple definitely win the hype game.

I walked into a store on launch day for the very first iPhone, no queues or anything, only a couple of people floating about. That's not indicative of what it was like elsewhere in the country.

I was a bit hyped for the Note 4, I thought it was going to be my first Samsung (if Apple didn't release a phablet this year).

5. cnotes2019 Suspended

6. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Guess its a status symbol, if you don't have a iPhone you're not cool, even a friend on Twitter made a meme about people being poor if she gets green sms bubble (it would be blue if it was iMessage, indicating you own a iDevice)

7. phobic99, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Wow, she sounds like a great friend to have. I'm totally jealous.

8. danilko1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Judging people on the color of their SMS bubble?

9. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Haha sigh some people.

10. x5tuu macrumors member

and what about those that choose to not have iMessage activated, I know of quite a few iPhone owners who do this and have no interest in it being activated.

11. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Im with you man....I have the same thinking Process. :apple:

12. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yeah I was pretty excited when the note 2 launched and I was the first person at my local sprint store. Funny thing was I was the only person there for the note 2. Great phone and I've had it for these 2 years with no problems but definitely not the excitement I'm having now with getting my 6+:D

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

In the UK the iPhone is the only phone that creates so much demand on the carriers to the point people are queuing and pre ordering en masse. For this reason there is no need to queue for Samsung devices and less of a chance they will sell out almost immediately. Its a bonus for those who want this product. :)

14. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I ordered my galaxy about a week before launch. I have no idea how long preorders had been open. I got it a few days after. I went in a Verizon store on launch day. It was business as usual. They had plenty of stock but couldn't cancel my order even though it was still showing pending. Oh well. If I ever go back to android, I definitely won't bother preordering.

No it's nothing like an apple launch. It probably has a lot to do with how many choices people have when it comes do android And how spread out their launches are. If all droids were released on one day, it would probably be pretty similar.

15. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

No, because there's nothing to fuss over :p It's just a plastic phone chock full of gimmicks.

16. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Yes. I do know people who are Samsung fans and only really consider the Galaxy line when looking at or considering new phones

17. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

They're poor in spirit.

----------

As someone who really appreciates Android, that makes me kind of sad. Touchwiz, in my humble opinion, is a bastardization of what Android is supposed to be.

18. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I only consider Samsung phones now as they have amazing screens, great features and have up to date specs. They have everything that I want out of a smart phone. If I want to just look cool. Sure I would consider an iPhone. IPhone is the cooler option to most I'm sure.

The iOS is better but I certainly wouldn't call it a true smart phone for my needs.

19. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Ugh lol that is puke worthy

I turned iMessage off when I was on iPhone, wonder what that means

SMS is more reliable :p

Funny how nearly everyone responding has all apple products in their sigs

20. thering1975 macrumors regular

thering1975

no you wouldnt see that as Samsung customers know that Samsung can actually produce a decent amount of phones with no "manufactured" supply issues to create artificial panic. Difference between a company that actually manufacturers there stuff and one that well "designs" it and farms it out

21. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

People did queue up for the S5. However it's nowhere near as crazy as trying to get an iPhone on launch day.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I'm sure people queued in some parts of the country, I don't doubt, and yes it's nowhere near the scale. I was told the other day when negotiating with two carriers that the iPhone is on another planet in terms of demand and it creates a massive headache for them. I asked the question obviously. :)

23. trophynuts macrumors member

trophynuts

as a former guide on Android Forums I will say that YES people do get hyped on new Sammy products..but nothing close to what goes on here for the new Iphones. I've been apart of a Sammy hype experience and now the Iphone6 and yeah they aren't even close.

24. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I don't doubt it. When the iphone went up for pre order last Friday, the O2 website was unavailable for a large chunk of the day.

25. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Well, it is a site concerning Apple products. I'd question the commenter who had no Apple products far more.

I also suspect this thread might have started in a different sub forum and was moved here.