Do people still play COD4?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by leftywamumonkey, Jun 22, 2012.

1. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I'm contemplating whether or not I should get COD4, I will only be playing the multiplayer, but the thing that worries me is whether or not a community that plays the game exists. So, is there still a good amount of people playing the game?

2. pinkblobkirby macrumors newbie

pinkblobkirby

Questions as well.

I was also thinking about buying COD4 and wondering if cheating is an issue? Stuff like instant leveling or wallhacking and such?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Plenty of servers for COD still out there...I can't comment on the multiplayer side of things because I tried it a couple of times and found I got killed in like 5 seconds...Being chicken, I now play games like COD / Quake etc. on my own...It's not safe "Out There"...:D

4. Smiles77 macrumors newbie

I play COD 4 regularly and find a lot of servers. There's usually around 900-1700 servers and at least half of those have over 10 players on them. There's also a good range of skill in different servers. I'd definitely recommend it.

----------

In all of the servers I've played in I've only seen it happen twice. On the first, the cheater got banned within 4 minutes and playing after that was fine. On the other, I ended up having to switch servers.