Do People still use belt holsters?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RebeccaL, Jan 10, 2011.

1. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I am considering a Belt holster to transport my iPhone4, but I wonder if they are still in use or a fading Nerd fashion. What do you think?

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

im sure people are still using them...but i will admit, i tend to see less them of them nowadays. I think they are still still popular in professional work environments. I know my dad always liked using them.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I still use them :eek:

I still believe they're nerd fashion too.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I use mine faithfully. Too much can go wrong for me if I simply throw it in my pocket so I keep a holster on me.

5. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

If you have to ask that question, you probably already know the answer ;)

6. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

The only way I can carry my phone is with a holster.. Lol... Safest way for me... I have had All the iPhones and only dropped my Phone once.... The holster has been good luck to me... Plus I'm in and out of my work vehicle a million times a day...

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

I use one about 1/2 the time now. But then, I am a nerd. Or, at least, a nerd/2.

8. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

LOL I am a nerd myself,it's just that I don't want to look too nerdy. :p

9. grittyman20 macrumors newbie

Because I like to use my iPhone while I'm working out, I wear a Seido holster when I'm at the gym. Of course I keep my shirt covering it up so it's not out in the open...I'd much rather do that then to put it in an armband :cool:

10. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i like it because otherwise i can't feel the weak buzz when i have it on silent during work hours. in a holster i can feel it vibrate my hip bone.

11. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I find myself in the opposite position. I damaged more phones when I used to carry them on a belt clip or in a holster. When I got my 3G I switched to left front pocket carry and have much better looking phone because of it.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

12. missygal Guest

missygal

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

I also will wear mine in a holster while at the gym.

13. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Attached Files:

14. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

My husband still uses one...but he's a nerd too. Still, he misses fewer calls and text notifications than I do with it in my purse or even my pocket.

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

still very fashionable with the original iPhone :cool:

16. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

17. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

All depends, if you look like this, then yes, it is acceptable.
    [​IMG]

18. peterriffic macrumors newbie

Great idea and I thank you for that. I usually don't like putting cover/case on phone but I've been getting scratches on my old 3G iPhone a lot. However, this tip really help me made that decision!

19. silvrbullet macrumors regular

I would like to use one at work, but I can't find one that looks decent. The closest thing I have found is the otterbox defender.. what are you guys using?

20. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Check out Seidio's line of cases/holsters. They're A LOT slimmer than the OB Defender and you should be able to find one case that looks good to you.

21. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I would like to know too. All opinions are wellcome!

By the way any of you modern holster toting cowboys/girls (aka nerds :p) have used a Marware CEO? I am considering this one after reading many bad things about magnetic closures causing problems on the ip4, but don't have much info on it.

22. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Check out the Contour Showcase.

23. JM2 macrumors member

Where I work everyone uses them. Granted I'm in a "geeky" job where we do support for digital printing equipment but the other choice is leaving the phone in your pocket with your keys, various USB sticks and pens scratching it up all the time? Ummm no thanks. On weekends I ditch the holster along with a lot of junk I have to carry while at work.

24. slapppy macrumors 65816

I'm using something similar now with a magnetic closure. No issue whatsoever with my previous iPhones 2, 3g and iP4. I will keep using it even when I finally get my hybrid ec13 case.

Attached Files:

25. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

Nerd'ness aside (being one is a good thing... in moderation) -- choosing functionality over form if it's a mission/production critical part of your professional life is usually a wise decision.

For me, belt holsters don't work too well on sweats :p -- I work out of 'da home most of the time. That being said, I miss calls when the thing is stuffed inside my pocket. I'm no gun toting Cowboy, just a city slicker who can't reach it quick enough.

They'll never (well, never say never) fade into an arcane item of the past; but that's what has apparently become of the "Pocket Protector" (of which I absolutely love that photo above... Great movie! :) )