Do people with bumpers not care about the camera being scratched?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Black Dawg Down, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Black Dawg Down macrumors member

I used a bumper (a thicker version - SGP Neo Hybrid 2 EX) and just noticed there are a few tiny scratches on the camera.

Since then I've switched back to full case. I always put the phone in my front pocket with nothing else in it. Apparently even a tiniest bit of dirt is enough to scratch the lens.

I'm used a full case before the bumper so I'm not sure whether the scratches came at the time or after using the bumper. But logically using a bumper there is a lot more chance of scratching.

If you put the phone on a flat surface naturally the bumper protects the camera. But if you put the phone in your pocket or any uneven surface, all bets are off.

So I ask the question: do people not care at all, as long as the phone looks good?

2. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

All cases expose the camera just like the bumpers. The only one I know that does cover it is the Lifeproof.

3. Black Dawg Down thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but using a full case the chance of being scratched is a lot less than using a bumper. This is when you have the phone in your pocket, for example.

I'm just interested whether people just not care at all as long as the phone looks good.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Before I sell my iPhone I'll replace it with a brand new OEM back plate.

5. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

the glass of the i4 its pretty much strong. i used my iPhone 4 over a year naked, and it was in perfect condition. it takes the daily use very well.

stop worrying about a phone get scratched. use it with careful and he will be fine :D

not to mention the iPhone feels great naked :rolleyes:

6. Black Dawg Down thread starter macrumors member

I'm not worried about the front and back glass as they are protected with screen protectors. But the camera is exposed and is a lot more fragile than the front and back glass.

I wish I have the courage to go naked :). The closest I've been to is with a 3M skin on the back and sides.

7. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

is there a way to protect the camera? like a zagg film or something? i didn't know about that....does it affect the quality of pictures or something?

8. Black Dawg Down thread starter macrumors member

I tried that :D

No, it didn't work. Pictures came out all bluish and ruined.

I tried both wet (Zagg) and dry (cut up screen protector).

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Yeah, $29 at Apple.