Do recent built to order make a difference in panel lottery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JPizzzle, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JPizzzle, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

JPizzzle macrumors 6502

OK all,
    So to add to the ever growing posts on panel issues, I created this post. I have a theory that the panels on built to order 15" retina MBP's being shipped to buyers are the Samsungs. This is completely self serving as my BTO is supposed to arrive tomorrow. However, most of the posts that i've read from people who had recent BTO's have been Samsungs. Can people who recently have received a 15" retina comment on the panel they received. I will provide my findings tomorrow. Thanks,

JP

2. castanzarules macrumors member

I received my BTO 15" rMBP on Monday and I have an LG display :(

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I think you've missed several posts, and a couple threads on the subject. Most seem to be getting LG rev 2s.

4. JPizzzle, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, i'll try to catch up. It looks like my theory is not sound. :(

On a separate note, i'm so disgusted by this situation. I'm spending over 3k on a laptop, have it taking about a week to ship from China, and have to actually hope that it doesn't have a faulty screen. I never had these concerns when I ordered sony products or from most other brands. So frustrating. Regardless, the store i'm picking up the computer at has the maxxed out model in stock (even though i couldn't do an in store pick up for it). I just don't want to have to open it and examine in store....really annoyed by all this.