Do skins interfere with camera flash?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Philalbe, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Philalbe macrumors 6502

Hi. I'm thinking of getting a gelaskin or something like a wrapsol. I noticed most skins have cutouts that are pretty close to the flash. Does this cause any issues with the camera performance? I've tried a couple of cases that had cutouts too close to the flash and resulted in hazy photographs. Thanks in advance:)

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Close is no issue with skin ... overlapping/covering of course is.

Power Support is best quality.

3. fredster macrumors newbie

I had a Zaggskin that did cause the flash haziness. I returned it. It looks like the Gelaskins did wen they first came out but the current design should be ok. I get my Gelaskin on Monday so I'll find out then. :)

4. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I just happened to buy a clear belkin (grip view I think?) case from my local Best Buy. Put it on in the parking lot and the molded area for the sleep/wake button was so tight it powered the phone down every time I put it on...lol. I just went right back in and returned it. I think I will go with gelaskin or ps too :) I was almost going to ask about the free invisishield while I was in there, but I didn't bother, seeing as I didn't originally buy my phone through them. Might have been worth a shot.

5. menehune macrumors newbie

I never had one of the original (two hole) gelaskins for the iphone 4, but I do have the new redesigned one with the teardrop cutout. There is absolutely no intereference with the flash. Tested it in a dark room and the two pics looked exactly the same. HTH!

6. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I'm very happy with my BSE full body kit. No flash issue. Used with an apple bumper with no edge lifting issue. You just gotta take your time and put it on properly. The side skins give me the peace of mind that the bumper's not going to scratch up the metal band... AND it gives some additional thickness to fit the bumper better.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I have a DecalGirl skin on now and have had no problems with the flash at all, either from that or from the TPU case I have on on top of it. Oh, and the DG skins have 2 holes, not the larger teardrop shape that the new Gelaskins apparently have.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

They should be designed not to. Course some probably had problems at first but were fixed. :)