Do stores carry Macbook Pro ram?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicknicknickh, Jun 17, 2012.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

I am wondering if anyone knows of stores that sell RAM (4Gb x2) for the early 2011 version (base model 15.4''). I would like to hopfully pick it up at a store rather then paying 10 dollars for expedited shipping (going on a trip soon).

Cheers,

Nick

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

As far as i know, Apple Stores only carry retail configurations and do not do any ram upgrades nor do they sell them. Try a best buy, radioshack, or some other tech store. Call and see if they carry ram.

I know for sure that Best Buy carries them.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't recall ever seeing RAM at Apple stores, but Apple overcharges significantly for RAM. You're better off buying it elsewhere.

4. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

How soon do you need the RAM? I would recommend getting it from OWC.

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

6. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

I need it in about two days, and either I'm looking in the wrong places or I can't find ram on the BestBuy website that matches the early 2011 Macbook Pro, and I'm guessing if its not on the website the store is not going to have it easier.

Also it would be nice if it was a reputable brand, crucial etc.

----------

Thanks but it says "Ship to Store" which I'm guessing means they don't have it in stock..

I live in the DC area, so I hope their are other stores around which may carry it..

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Try other ram models, there are a ton on the best buy website. See which ones are in stock.

----------

Get two of these:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY+-+4...dule/3779273.p?id=1218431615147&skuId=3779273

They are available in D.C area. Just make sure you get the right ram, DDR2 or DDR3. I believe the 2011 lineup takes DDR3.

8. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch guys, I found some that are in stock!:) My MBP is going to be quite happy :apple: