Do texts not pop up if phone is nearby?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ssledoux, May 20, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I noticed last night that my texts didn't pop up on my watch every time they came through. Some did, but I had a lot of texts on my phone in my purse that never popped up on my watch. Is there a setting or something that affects that?

2. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I may be wrong but I think the messages wont come through if the watch sensor is making the watch lock because its not making contact with your skin.

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

It prioritizes whatever device you have used most recently. So if the iPhone has been or is unlocked, messages will show up there first. If they are not acted upon there, the message should show up on your watch a few seconds later. If the phone is locked, it should come to your watch only.

4. JayLenochiniMac, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They won't show up on your watch when you're actively using your iPhone because that's quite redundant and would be highly annoying.

You should get in the habit of hitting the sleep/wake button whenever you're done using your iPhone (it's also a battery saver). If you put it in your purse while still awake, you won't get the texts on your watch and will miss them.

5. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux