Do the 17" Unibody MacBook Pros have TN Panels?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thiagos, Oct 17, 2009.

  1. thiagos macrumors 6502


    Dec 20, 2007
    NYC (Manhattan)
    I was wondering what kind of panels does Apple use on the 17" Unibody MacBook Pros?

    Also what is the contrast ratio and cdm2?
  2. spinnerlys Guest


    Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen

    There is a review out there explaining it, but I can't find it now.
    It reviewed the screens on the new MacBook Pros introduced in June 2009.
  3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

    Feb 26, 2008
    As far as I know, all laptops have TN panels. The vertical viewing angle is a giveaway if you are looking at a panel and you are not sure what type it is. TN will have a huge color shift depending on the angle you look at it vertically, while anything else will have almost no color shift.

    If you are looking at published specs, 160-170 degrees indicates TN, and 178 degrees indicates anything else.

Share This Page