Do the 2019 MPB Keyboards feel different

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donnation, May 30, 2019.

1. Donnation macrumors demi-god

Donnation

Curious as to anyone who's typed on the 2018 Keyboard with the membrane if there is a noticeable difference in typing on the 2019 keyboard. Is there a different feel to the keyboard? How does it feel compared to the 2018 keyboard?

Sorry also for screwing up the title. It should read MBP.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

It's actually really hard to tell. I checked at the store today any they feel exactly the same (that is, assuming they're at the store)

3. terminator-jq macrumors 6502

The difference is slight but there is a difference. Whatever the “new material” is definitely makes the keyboard feel more sturdy and feel like a finished product. My old 2017 always felt like a beta testing product and all of the 2018s I’ve used felt better than the 2016/17s but still felt a little... off.

The 2019 keyboard is the first time with this generation that I’ve found myself no longer being concerned about the keyboard. Its peace of mind that I never had with the past years.

Now hopefully, when Apple redesigns the MBP, they leave this butterfly experiment in the past.

4. pallymore macrumors regular

pallymore

I tried one in a store and I wasn’t able to tell any differences between the two gens

5. WickedPorter macrumors regular

WickedPorter

My wife has a relatively new 2018, I just picked up the 2019. The 2019 might have a bit more stiffness and satisfying "thud" to the strike, but the difference is so minuscule I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test.

Might be more difference between the 2016/17 and the 2019.