Do the Apple Retail Stores sell 2.93ghz 17" Uni?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ScottishCaptain, Mar 4, 2009.

1. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

Greetings to all.

I'm wondering- does the Apple Retail Store(s) carry or occasionally have in stock, the 2.93ghz version of the 17" Unibodies? Has anyone actually confirmed that a store had such a system and was willing to sell it?

I'm having a heck of a time determining if this is even possible with my local Apple store. They've told me they sell them, I even saw a demo of an Antiglare in stock (which was supposably 2.93ghz, both the manager and salesman confirmed numerous times that it was- though I never got to see the box itself before they took the laptop into the back again) that was supposed to be a 2.93ghz, and the receptionist on the phone has occasionally confirmed they get in the 2.93ghz... Though when I phoned today to check stock, I was told that the 2.93 was CTO only and they don't *ever* carry them or get them in.

I've been run around with these guys so much over the past few days trying to get a 2.93ghz in stock, I'm tempted to just order the damned thing online now.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the stores do or do not carry the 2.93ghz 17" (glossy) MBP's?

-SC

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Stores only carry stock configurations, so no, an Apple store would not carry a 2.93GHz config. You'd have to order that one from the Apple website.

3. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Call and check. Previous models were sold in two configurations at stores. One model being the base model, and the other being maxed out. But, I'm not sure if that would mean 7200 rpm drive or SSD with the current model, and whether 4GB or 8GB RAM. So, just call and check...