Do the Apple Stores restock iPhone 4S's Everyday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bdzer, Oct 19, 2011.

1. bdzer macrumors member

Since they have the reserve an iPhone 4S thing at 9PM every night and the past 2 nights I check they have refreshed their stock except the 16gb Black one for AT&T is not in stock in my area. :(

So, basically, does anyone know if they restock daily?

2. MarcBook, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

From people's experiences so far, I think it's safe to say that shipments don't arrive on a daily basis. I wouldn't expect any product to be stocked daily (apart from food, maybe).

No one outside of Apple knows when the next shipments are due, unfortunately.

EDIT: As others have stated, their stores get daily shipments of products, but not necessarily iPhones (which is what I meant to suggest).

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I was told that apple stores get at least 1 shipment a day of product

4. bdzer thread starter macrumors member

Well I called yesterday, to my local Apple store, and asked if they had any of the 16 GB Black 4S's and they said no but to call back tomorrow (today) to see if they had gotten any shipment. Sadly, they didn't get any of those. Or maybe they refuse to tell the truth over the phone and that they actually have 1-2 of them in the back. :eek:

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

While it does appear that they get shipments daily, I don't think they get stock for every model. Best bet is to just keep checking on a nightly basis for the model you want.

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

perhaps they sold-out..? An apple employee told me that.

7. ToddyT macrumors newbie

Apple stores receive daily stock. That's a fact.

The difference is what their boxes of stock contain. It could be all models of the iPhone 4S, or it could be limited models, or it could be something completely unrelated like USB HDDs.

The only staff that know the answer to this are the inventory staff, and the only point in time that they know what stock they will have is the actual time they unpack it and prepare it for sale.

If there is limited stock of an item, and you enquire over the phone, employees may tell you there is no stock (because by the time you get there, they will be sold out) or they will tell you they have stock but you need to be really close by to even have a chance.

The reservation system means that if you reserve and they have the model you want the next day, you'll be guaranteed to get it.

8. wrow macrumors newbie

Apple Stores receive a resupply daily. As stated above only the inventory staff are authorized to know the stock of any product at anytime (unless that number is 0).

This doesn't mean every item is stocked daily.