Do the CURRENT gen Incase Sliders still scratch?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mrlocalhost, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mrlocalhost macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    been looking for a decent case for the 3GS in the $35 range. I've been doing some reading around the internets about how the Incase Sliders have a tendency to scratch up the chrome bezel and the back of the iPhones, so i went with the Speck Candyshell. The candyshell is ok, but the narrow opening for the headphones and silent switch is kind of annoying. So i've been thinking of taking it back to the store and exchanging it for the Incase Slider, but i don't really want to pay for something that might actually scratch my phone, since that's why i'm actually looking for one. I've read in some places that incase updated the slider for the 3gs and that the new version is slightly larger and doesn't scratch as much as the old one...

So my question is: Do the current versions of the Incase Sliders (the ones that specify that they are for the 3gs on the box) still scratch the chrome bezel and the back of the iphone?

Would really appreciate any info on this matter!
    Thanks guys!

2. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

I have had it on for about 2 and a half months straight and I don't have a single scratch on mine!

3. kicko macrumors 65816

I have not had much scratching, but i switch them kind of often, if you stay with one your better off.

I just bought the white incase saturday and its fits very loose going on so i think theres even less chance of scratching with the loose white case. Once its on it fits nice and now movement at all. I love it!

4. navigates macrumors 6502a

If you ask me. The new incase slider is a major substandard product made. It probably costs them a max of 50 cents to manufacture + $1 on the packaging.

I got the new shiny black and here is the list of cons.

cons
    1. definitely scratches the bezel. (Area of scratch is the top of bezel that is next to the phone seal and on the bottom where the charger gets in)
    2. Extremely loose fit. The case can easily come off with the case in your hand and the phone at its fate. I had to put a tape to make the case thicker so it would join safely. (I've tried two of the cases and the store sales rep acknowledged that the case has that problem)
    3. The case itself scratches and begins to look ugly.
    4. IMO I've used about 5 incase sliders and they ALL scratch the phone & Bezel.
    5. Ugly florescent green inner color.
    Till date, I haven't found one case that keeps the phone from getting scratched. So after numerous failed attempts, I've gone with invisible shield.

Amongst all the rave reviews this is the real review of the cheap incase sliders.