Do the current MacBooks (white AND aluminum) use the same LCD panel?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DewGuy1999, Feb 17, 2009.

1. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Do the current MacBooks, both the white polycarbonate w/NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and the aluminum (Unibody) use the same or different LCD panels?

I know that the white MacBook has fluorescent back lights for the display, whereas the aluminum MacBook has LED back lights. I also know that the white MacBook has a glossy LCD display, whereas the aluminum MacBook has an even glossier glass panel over the LCD display.

I understand that both MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models use better LCD display panels, but I'm not in the market for either so that's a moot point. Since I've read conflicting reports as to whether one MacBook display is better or worse than the other what I'd like to know is if the physical LCD panel used in both varieties of MacBook is the same or different? Thanks.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

This pretty much sums up all of the differences. The overall effect of the differences give the aluminum unibody models a brighter picture that's easier to clean and more energy efficient.

Neither of the models hold a candle to the Air or MBP but are sufficient for basic entry level computer usage. -GDF