Do the iPhone 3G Chrome buttons fit on the Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Oct 10, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I am asking because I am getting a 2G Touch painted Black for Christmas and I want to put the chrome buttons (meaning the volume and the sleep/wake buttons) from a parts only iPhone 3G, will that work? Oh and its getting painted from colorware but I am putting a chrome apple sticker over the handprint on the back :D

2. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I was wondering where you got that chrome apple sticker?

3. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

decal sticker shop , the ones for cars they can make any logo , I had a chrome fox logo on my old iPhone looked cool, but I want my all black ipod to match my iPhone 3G and I think the chrome buttons would be cool to match

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

In other words, you're trying to fool others, and perhaps yourself, into thinking you have a black iPhone 3G...?

What're you gonna ask next? How to move the headphone jack and sleep buttons to the position they're in on the iPhone? :rolleyes:

5. only macrumors regular

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

post pics if its successful,

also if its not...

7. California King macrumors 65816

Whoa, I didn't know you can get your iPod colored. Pretty cool. Expensive though...

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Probably not. I just took a look at the iPhone buttons and the iPod ones. I also find painting iPods a waste of money... IMHO. It's pointless.

9. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

wow calm down guys :) it's just a question and in case you didn't notice I already have a BLACK iPhone 3G so how could I fool myself into thinking I have one if I already do? :D haha and I want it that way because I like the iPhone color scheme, so trying to fool others? Uhhm NO. I hate the handprint on the colorware iPods so putting a chrome apple sticker on an apple product is not weird. I'm replacing my highest capacity iPod, a 4 year old iPod 30gb, with the 32gb touch 2G so painting it is not pointless especially since the chrome scratches easily and colorware paints are scratch resistant. And if the buttons don't fit then fine, but saying that I'm trying to fool people and make it exactly like an iPhone? Come on, I'm not one of those guys who wants GPS and a camera on my touch! I know the diffence and they should stay different. But painting it and covering the hand logo doesn't make me a poser or whatever you think I am, so sad you can't ask questions on here anymore without people trying to be negative towards you. Lighten up guys :)