Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
The 5 just came out a few months ago and almost immediately after it people were talking about a 5S like it will be a huge upgrade. I'd rather 6.1 come out so we can jailbreak :cool:. The worst part is when people in school ask me if the rumors are true and claim it as fact

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
We already know a 5S is coming. Apple releases phones pretty much twice a year. Lol

When it does come, I hope they make a change to the Earpods, earwax gets in them too easily.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
The 5 just came out a few months ago and almost immediately after it people were talking about a 5S like it will be a huge upgrade.

Not at MacRumors.

Whoever told you this must been trying to gall u into believing you are no longer the king of the block.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
May I suggest if it honestly bothers you and especially if people saying the rumors are true bothers you, you rethink your priorities in life.

That's a pretty pathetic thing to let bother you. Who cares if a new phone comes out, how does that affect you? Ohhhhh.... you won't have the "newest, coolest" phone. Now I konw you really need to rethink priorities.

nellyplatinum

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
must be just the OP who is annoyed,im not at all...for the first time im not to eager to upgrade. iphone 5 is a great phone dont see the "5s" as a big improvement to be honest

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Doesn't bother me, let the 5s come! I'm thoroughly enjoying my 5. Even if the 5s dropped tomorrow I wouldn't care. Everyone is so worried about the next new thing they forget to enjoy what they have.

Last edited:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I don't really mind the iPhone 5S rumours. Personally I prefer the "S generation" devices because Apple has had time to refine the design.
But really I'm actually more interested in finding more iOS 7 rumours. I want Apple to finally do something new with iOS because currently that's my only hangup with coming back. After using three generations of iPhones (3GS, 4, 4S) I want something new in the software front. I've temporarily left you, my iPhone brethren, to explore other options while I wait.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
Even though the new iPhone is available on almost every carrier now, there's actually been less demand than any of the previous phones.

And it's available on even more carriers than it used to be!

Last edited:

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Even though the new iPhone is available on almost every carrier now, there's actually been less demand than any of the previous phones.

And it's available on even more carriers than it used to be!

There is no way to know if there has been less demand since apple wont release their numbers till the end of the month. I wouldn't go by all those articles that have been coming out for the past few days. Usually when things like this start coming out, it all originates from a single source that could be wrong or misleading.

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
It realy dont bother me at all.
Prob it ll look the same and just a little bit faster but so what !!
I ll keep my i5 for 2 years anyway !
Or at least i ll skip the 5s n go straight to the nxt one !

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Do the iPhone 5S rumors annoy anyone else besides me?
Not here but of course they do for other people. No one person is going to have a unique opinion in a world of billions. If they bother you then ignore them. I don't pay attention to them and they don't bother me.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Nah, I'm actually rather looking forward to the iPhone 5S, which will probably be my next phone! I've gone 2G --> 3GS --> 4S so far, so whatever the next one is has my name all over it :)

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
No, it doesn't annoy me. It's actually kind of fun reading about predictions and what not. It's not that hard to skip those threads if it bothers you that much.

Don't be mad that your 5 will be "outdated" later this year.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I say Bring It On .. i'll sell my IP5 and upgrade to IP5S ... I do that all the time ... Buy an IP .. use it for 6 months ... sell it off for 300 less and you just paid a luxury apple tax of 50 per month for using IP5 and cycle continues ....

Thats what I do !!!!!!!!!!

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
We already know a 5S is coming. Apple releases phones pretty much twice a year. Lol

When it does come, I hope they make a change to the Earpods, earwax gets in them too easily.

try cleaning your ears a little more? lol

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
stop calling it iphone 5s when we all know its gonna be iphone 7 because of... well you know the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.