Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanrul

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
THe static and bleeps and blips have been a constant pain with my 08 MBP. Did a search here but couldn't find very many recent posts about the problem. Has it been fixed in the latest models?

ryanrul

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Has anyone figured out what is actually causing the problem? I remember last year hearing a lot of different theories (both software and hardware).

godkorg

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
I used to have that issue on my white macbook... my macbook pro (june 09) is quiet (with headphones)

If you're hooking up to an amp or any type of audio gear you should probably be running a external audio interface anyway... I fixed my noise issue with a $40 dolar behringer interface on my white macbook :) I use an external m-audio cheapy weepy on the mbp does the trick for gigs etc...

Inside_line

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2005
U.S.A.
This smells of Nvidia chipset issues... this goes way back to nForce days. I've got an '06 MBP which is intel chipset and have no static. I can't wait for the day Nvidia is out of apple hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.