Do the MacBooks shipping now come with a cleaning cloth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tangledweb16, Feb 10, 2008.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

I know the MacBook Air does, but I was wondering if the MacBook does as well. It seems like it should if it doesn't. Thanks.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

afaik, no they don't. but mine was one or two revisions ago and didn't, so i suppose they could've changed it since then but haven't heard/seen anything to say that they have been included

3. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Yes they do.
    I have a SR Macbook and it came with one.

4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

That's a good question, I'm wondering this too.. Would be cool if they massively sent out a screen cleaning cloth for all MacBook/MacBook Pro owners. Haha.

5. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Aww. Now I'm annoyed. I bought a MacBook a couple months ago and I didn't get a cleaning cloth. Though I did get the MacBook previous to the SR and I did get it refurbished. Oh well. Cloths aren't too expensive.

6. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Sweet! That's great.

I'm glad Apple did that. Every small thing counts.

7. amoda macrumors 6502a

Well it's not mentioned on Apple's website. They included everything else so not sure why they'd leave this out if they did supply one. I've bought two MacBook Pro's, one from the first generation (1.83CD), the second from the latest generation (2.2C2D), and neither came with a cloth.

8. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

What do the included cleaning cloths look like? The only thing I saw in the box with my Rev. C MacBook was the thing covering the keyboard. Is this the cloth I hear people talking about (I initially decided that it wasn't because it looked/felt like plastic)?

Everytime I see one of these threads I start wondering again, so I finally decided to ask :eek:.

9. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

They're black.
    It's exactly similar to the one included with the iMac.

10. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

It's black and wrapped in clear plastic and inside the little white box with the manual and discs. :D

11. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

Verrrrry interesting... </Arte Johnson>

I must not have gotten one then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Out of curiosity, where does Apple put the cloths when they include them in the MacBook boxes? When mine first came, I was mostly concerned with making sure I got the stickers :p.

EDIT: NM. Just saw BoyBach's post. Thanks!

12. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

My refurbished MacBook SR also came with a cleaning cloth. Though the computer is white, the cloth is blank. It came in box with the manuals and stickers and I believe it was the first thing on top in mine; but everything was out of order since it was a refurb product.

13. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I got mine back in June/July and it didn't come with a manual or a cleaning cloth. Just the software CD's. Apparently that was normal says Apple, but maybe they are including the cloths now. I've been using a cloth I got for my Nintendo DS screen for now.

14. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

My MacBook bought on November 6th 2007 came with a cleaning cloth. It's black and similar to the iMac and iPhone ones.

15. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Bought mine last week and it came with a cleaning cloth.

16. David N macrumors member

I bought a MBP a week ago and it didn't come with one...