Do the new bumpers fit both Verizon and AT&T Version?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iFitz, Feb 7, 2011.

1. iFitz macrumors regular

I have a bumper from my AT&T iPhone 4 and it doesn't fit my Verizon iPhone. I thought the bumpers were supposed to fit both?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The new ones do. The original ones fit only the GSM iPhone.

3. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

+1

Look for the large cutout for the vibrate switch.

4. OutGolfn macrumors regular

Yep I ordered two and they work perfect, it also says on Apple's site now it fits both the At&t and Verizon iPhones

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

The new bumpers come in a white background package; the old GSM fit only bumpers came in a gray background package.

6. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

+1 just do some looking around

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Since everyone else already helped you out, I will say it's nice to see Apple offering colored bumpers now!

8. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

You guys have any issues with your bumpers? I had to return mine within 2 weeks. Colors started to fade and rubber was worn and starting to rip

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Not so far. I've got a 7 month old black one and a 2 week old green one. Both still like new.

10. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Thanks. Maybe Ill have to try the black one then. I had blue.

11. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    My orange one turned a brownish orange and started to rip as well after about a month of use. Good to hear that at least the black ones don't have any problems since I just ordered one.

12. reebs macrumors 6502

For some reason, the black ones do hold up. I've also had the white and pink. Both of them became loose a short time after I bought them and become dirty quickly so the only one worth to buy is the black one. Mine still looks as good as the day I bough it.

13. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i agree i had a black and white one and my white one got reall dirty and became loose within three weeks then i chopped it up to modify another case with the metal buttons, the black on has lasted since i got the iphone on launch day.

14. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Got a white new bumper today, and quite surprisingly the dock opening is wider than the old version. My 3rd party USB cable finally fits with a case on.