Do the new nanos scratch as easy?

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
Im looking at upgrading to a silver one to match my macbook pro. Would i need to get a case for this one too? I have an agent 18 on my current 4Gb Nano.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
That the beauty of it! After years of use, only minor scratches will be evident! Unless you rub it on the floor of a parking lot :D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
The metal enclosure is scratch-able, but if you're careful with it you won't need to keep it in a case. However, you will probably want to invest in a screen cover.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
To answer the OP question, No it doesnt. I bought my new blue 4gb nano today, and unforutantely there isnt any cases for it so i put it in the sleeve that apple gave with the orignal nanos. I remember putting my 1G nano in there, to then be amazed at all the hairline scratches. This aluminum nano is bad ass, and not 1 scratch. It also seems like the screen is lil bit bigger..the brighter screen is a BIG UPGRADE from past nanos.

Mundy

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
If the anodized aluminum on the new Nanos is like my RAZR V3c, then it will be very scratch-resistant.

My gray RAZR has taken four or five falls to the ground over the course of the past year. There isn't a single scratch on the thing!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
If the new nanos are comparable with the 1G minis (which is what I have and can comment on) then you actually going to have trouble making scratches in it even if you want to.

As I've sayd more than once here at MR: My 2 1/2 year old mini is flawless, only a minute scratch in the glass (after an unfortunate incident where the mini and my keys ended up in the same trouser pocket). It even went tumbling down a concrete staircase at one point. Never had any protective cases on it (except for the belt clip), and the metal looks like it did the day I got it... :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Mundy said:
If the anodized aluminum on the new Nanos is like my RAZR V3c, then it will be very scratch-resistant.

My gray RAZR has taken four or five falls to the ground over the course of the past year. There isn't a single scratch on the thing!
Yeah! Keep m v3c in my pocket all day and no scratches yet!