Do the official silicone cases stain easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thedoc46, Nov 24, 2015.

1. thedoc46 macrumors member

i'd like to buy my wife a lighter colored silicone case for a new 6S she's about to get from me.. However a couple of yrs ago, i bought her a red leather case for her 5, and within a month or two it became dirty and stained from the denim jeans she wears. I ended up having to buy her a black case to replace it, cos she didn't like the phone looking dirty.

I have a blk leather case myself so as to not mix each others phone up, i should get her a non black / dark case... I know she'd probably prefer leather, but silicone will suffice.

So do they stain easy with denim and the like ?

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

The silicone cases will not stain, but they will attract/collect every bit of lint on the planet.

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Yes I agree - absolutely no staining - I had the white one. However, it was a dust magnet.

4. Mikeekam macrumors newbie

I also have the white, and it's attract lint and dust... it's easily to wipe it off but...
    just took it out from my bag and there's lot of fibers

5. enivree macrumors newbie

I found lighter color case (I have lavender) does not show lints/dusts as much as the darker ones. I had a midnight blue and it shows not only every dusty fibers, it also shows oil smudge. My lavender one since it is pretty much a pale purplish grey, does not have this problem.

So far I am quite impressed and thinking about getting a mint green or pink one next.