All iPads Do the screens on the Air and rMini improve with use?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bevsb2, Jan 8, 2014.

1. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I realize that your eyes adjust somewhat to the screen as you use it and differences are mainly picked up when one screen is compared to another, but it seems to me that the screens on my iPad Air and rMini have improved with use. I considered both to be good screens when I originally purchased them but the slight dinginess or warmness on the left side of the Air has lessened and the screen looks brighter overall. The rMini was slightly warmer at the bottom and that is no longer noticeable either. The other weird thing is that the past few days the screen on the Air was not as bright as my mini or iPad 4 even at 100% brightness when previously it was as bright if not brighter. Now it is back to being slightly brighter than the iPad 4 and rMini. Has anyone else noticed changes on the new screens?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I have to say that I have NOT seen any screen changes on my Air. It's as good as it was from day 1. I might not be the most discerning viewer though either. It's very sharp, perfectly bright, and gets the job done.

People have reported issues though so you'll get more info....

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

No they do not. It's a complete lie that they do.

What may happen is you habituated to them, and stop noticing as much. But nothing about the screens changes themselves.

4. rajpatel macrumors regular

I'm glad bevs OCD meds were upped so the screens have taken on self enhancing abilities......be careful, your ipad could take over the house like that epi of the simpsons

5. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

This is probably right. The only instance I've ever heard of screen issues getting better is the whole glue curing thing from a few years back. But as I understand it, the screen tech in the iPads is different so there's on glue curing that would affect any screen issues.