Do the white macbooks still discolor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vidshan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. vidshan macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am just planning on making my transition to the Macbook, and in the process found out about the possible discoloraton issues with the white one (that happened about a year ago), while the black one has fingerprint problems, but otherwise does not have a major problem?

Does anybody know whether the white ones still have discoloration issues? I'm debating if I need to spend an additional $200 just for the paint, and for the marginally bigger hard drive.

Thanks for your time!
    VJ

2. mickhyperion macrumors regular

mickhyperion

I can only report on my MacBook which I bought the week they came out in May 2006. I've had no discoloration (or any other problems) whatsoever. The demo units in the Apple stores seem to get a pretty good workout so that may be a good barometer as well. Good luck!

3. koayt47 macrumors newbie

Got my white macbook in Aug 2007. Still pristine white :D

4. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Bought my MacBook about a 1.5 years ago. The place where my wrist rest started to discolor, the Apple store replaced that part of the case for free.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Mine is also 1.5 years old, and I've had the plastic replaced several times due to discoloration. Finally I just gave up and bought a marware wrist guard which can be cleaned (whereas the plastic cannot).

6. Palliser macrumors regular

I bought mine in September, had the discoloration issue, my hands happen to be a bit more "oily" I guess you could say, and I'm very anal about making sure anyone who uses it has clean hands. I finally got the wrist guard as well recently. I did have Apple replace the plastic in October.