Do themes change the background as well?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SandersHokie, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

might be a dumb question but I was just curious. I've downloaded some themes using the customizer app but was just wondering if they all just keep the same black background until i actually change it myself. or if some actually change the background to make the theme better? thanks.

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I don't like the customize app. try winterboard, you can have different background themes or even your own wallpaper if you like.

3. Chronimac macrumors member

how do you put your own wallpaper on the backgroud?
    I've got winterboard and customize, only using winterboard for some slider, signal, and icon themes, but I haven't seen a way to just choose what you want for your background other than downloading a theme.

4. rml4uk macrumors member

Touch the winterboard app to open it. Then you can tap "User Wallpaper" to turn it on (settings that are turned on will have a check mark next to them. Then, go into photos, find the picture you want to use for your background and tap the icon in the bottom left corner. Then tap "Use As Wallpaper".

5. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I can't get this to work. I downloaded a theme that has a default wallpaper, I checked the User Wallpaper selection, moved it above the theme in the Winterboard list, and chose a photo. Background hasn't changed.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

get ifile than navigate to var/stash/themes then in the folder named the theme in question delete the wallpaper or LockBackground that you want to get rid of and then the one you select in settings/wallpapers will take it's place

7. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I can also do this via iPhone Explorer, no? I don't feel like paying the $4 for iFile (nor do I wish to pirate the apps).

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

use the freeware version of iFile lets you do the basics just asks you to to buy every time you load

and yes iphone explorer would work too