Do these mapping options exist?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by burninator, Oct 27, 2014.

1. burninator macrumors newbie

I want to do two things with my iPhone that I've never understood how to accomplish.

First, I want an app where I can say, "find me a (insert business name) on my way to (insert location)". The result is, for example, a Starbucks that is actually on the way to where I'm already going, instead of one that's behind me.

Second, I want an app where I can say, "give me directions to the Starbucks that is at/near (insert cross streets)." The result is, for example, a Starbucks that is across town (that would not have appeared in my results if I had just asked for a Starbucks locations that were close to me).

They seem like such simple features, yet I have never found them.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Won't siri do this with Apple maps? Have you tried?

3. burninator thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course I have tried. Endlessly, as a matter of fact. Can't get it to happen.

Have you tried?

4. I7guy macrumors G5

I don't use Siri, not that I haven't tried it out. Youre right though seems simple.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Points of interest along a predefined navigational route can be done with 3rd party apps like Navigon (the one I use).

Not sure if Siri integrates with Navigon as I detest Siri and avoid it like the plague. Turn by turn directions were added to both Apple and Google maps as an add-on function, neither app was designed primarily to be a navigation app.