Do they make double-sided laser printers for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by h4lp m3, Jan 15, 2014.

1. h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

I print invoices for work that have 2 sides and I have to feed the paper through twice.

Do they have double sided B&W laser printers for Mac that are affordable or are those big industrial printers my only option? :confused:

2. matoch macrumors member

Yes you can get something smaller.

I have an HP 1320c which I've been pretty happy with. This looks to be similar to it.

HP® LaserJet Pro M401DNE Network Ready Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer - AirPrint - Duplex

You just need to look for a laser printer with a duplexing module.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Lots of them. The terminology is "Duplex". Brother HL-2270DW is one example that is quite inexpensive.

4. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

WTF, I have that!?! :eek:

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Then, you may not have the duplex option turned on.
    Should just be a choice in your printer window - look for "Two-sided" option, probably under the "Layout" options window.

6. CalfCanuck macrumors 6502a

You might explore presets

Many printers are capable of lots of options, but the Mac Print Dialogue can get quite complicated given all the different option choices. Combined with the fact that the print options often vary both by device and program, the greatest productivity booster is to use the Presets for jobs with lots custom settings (like invoices).

I've set up one for business check printing from my accounting program to a particular laser printer in my office, so I only have to select "Brother - Check printing" at the print invoice and all the custom settings are applied to that job. Just remember to select another Preset on your next job.

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah, but some brands provide no long term driver support (HP & Epson, for example). I heard good things about OKI and Kyocera. Samsung offers also some laser printers.

8. ColdCase macrumors 68030