Do they sell refurbs in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by juanm, May 19, 2007.

1. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Hi there!

In the US refurb computers are available in the walk-in Apple stores too, or only on the Apple online store?

Thanks for your answers!

Juan

2. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

AFAIK, they're only available from Apple -- whether online or by telephone -- but not in the retail locations. (Their telephone operators basically use the online Apple store to process the order for the caller.)

3. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

They do not sell refurbished in Apple Stores. Refurbished means a product purchased at the online store was sent back, looked over by an Apple technician, and then offered for resale online.

They do however sell "refreshed" items at the local Apple store. These items were originally bought at the local store and returned for some reason. These items are looked over by an Apple employee at the local store and are available for resale. They may be in the back and not up front, so you have to ask if there are any available. There is a discount which can be similar to the refurbished discount, but it may not be the same.

I purchased an Airport Extreme N base station this way. It is working great. I suggest you call the store and ask if they have any "refreshed" items.

4. thicke macrumors newbie

They do at teh apple store here in Nashville. Every first Saturday they have a sale of returned and floor model items. You can usually find some great deals.

5. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Wow, that's interesting to note. I wonder how often they refresh their floor models? There should be some MacBooks out there now.

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i kno that at leats in toronto there are a couple of authorized dealers and im not sur eif they all do but i once walke dinin one and they offered, and hsowed me some refurbs(or refreshed whatver you feel liek calling it) for sale,

8. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Very interesting -- I did not know this!

9. Mistershark macrumors regular

Showcased products also go on sale as refreshed, not just returned products.

10. buffalo macrumors 65816

When I was looking into getting a refreshed or refurbished MacBook (ended up with a new one from Amazon), the refreshed was $50 more than the refurb. Give your store a call to find out about stock and prices.

11. danny_w macrumors 601

When I checked with the north Austin store, they only sold "refreshed" units as a bundle with Applecare and other things. The cheapest MB they had was more than a new MBP!