Do they sell the 15" Hi-Res MacPro at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soapage, May 3, 2010.

1. soapage macrumors member

I was at the Vegas Apple store looking for a Hi-Res anti glare 15" and I was told that they didnt carry them?!?!?! I was under the impression that they did

2. soapage thread starter macrumors member

i would search but I prefer to promote internet traffic on the forums and getting the site more advertising money :eek:

thanks anyway

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Good excuse for being lazy.

In short: YES, HR 15" MBPs are sold at stores.

4. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Really though why do you even visit these forums if all you are going to do is direct every single person to MRgoogle? Whats the point of even having forums if you aren't going to promote conversation and questions? And it isn't very welcoming to newcomers who will eventually be discouraged from posting anything at all.

Yes MRgoogle is a great tool, BUT I have realized that many of the threads you dig up on mrgoogle and direct people to are years old and sometimes the answers people found to a questionin 2006 will no longer be relevant under some current circumstances. Also, its nice to get fresh blood and a new take on some things.

It's a discussion forum, take part in the discussion.

That being said, the times that you do bother to give people full responses you have been very helpful : )

5. soapage thread starter macrumors member

ok the tool at the store told me that all Hi-Res are built to order... i just called the other Apple Store at the Cesar's Palace and they said "we have tons but the ipad is selling like crazy"

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I understand, but maybe I'm here to often and see those threads like "when is this going to happen or what dos that mean" several times a week.
    This particular question (HR MBPs in physical stores) is asked a lot, I see it every two days in the Forum Spy. Why can't one use an already existing discussion to chime in? Why splinter everything, especially as simple as this question, when it has been asked several times (don't get me started on battery threads)?

I'm just on toes with threads that ask a question that could have been answered by a simple search, it does not even have to involve MRoogle.
    I'll help where I can, and if it is pointing to an already existing answer, why shouldn't I? One can simply ignore it and discuss nonetheless.

I have to repair my permissions now though, so have a good day, and thanks for the compliment. :)

7. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

haha I HATE talking to apple store employees. Last week one of them tried telling me that the AG screen I was staring at WASNT high resolution.

While having a conversation with one employee about the benefits of a 7200rpm HDD over a 5400rpm another employee chimed in saying the one with more space is obviously better...

8. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Fair enough! Just seems like you are trying to make a point more than actually direct people to help in many posts.

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yeah, there is some truth in it. I currently just spend too much time here, so it might go on my nerve. It's stupid, but being sick at home is kinda boring, and leaving the the mountain is not an option right now.

But, besides the point of me making a point, there is also the benefit of giving away the MRoogle link. At least one positive I think.

10. soapage thread starter macrumors member

Don't worry guys..... I am just excited that after 31 years on earth i am switchin over to mac..... even though i use to hate it with a pasion

11. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Then have a wonderful experience with the "switch".

12. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I don't think that's the case for the user you are quoting - I see them reply in this manner consistently: they provide a link WITH THE QUESTION/ANSWER ALREADY IDENTIFIED (that's important :)), then they provide a link to the search mechanism. This sort of reply is useful in that they are actually linking the question to the answer in another thread - along with giving the OP the answer immediately and a mechanism for future solutions.

These replies get future searchers to the solution instead of finding numerous "just use the search function" replies that you see in a lot forums and are absolutely maddening when a user is trying to use that very function.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Apple Retail stores only sell one 15" high-resolution configuration:
    i7 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 5400RPM HDD—high resolution with anti glare.

Any other configuration you would need to customize online at Apple.com

14. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Man that's lame.