Do they still replace cracked plastic ipHones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Jan 4, 2010.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I remember it was a popular topic when the 3G iPhones began to have cracks appear in the plastic back.

Now, my 3GS, six months old, has quite a larger crack on the bottom back cover.

Do they still replace these? Will they even do it if you phone in? They don't try to claim this is user fault do they? They should see the excellent condition of my phone otherwise.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

yes they do, just exchanged one last month for a HUGE crack that started at the charger port and when all the way up the back of the phone

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Wow. Mine is also started at the charger port, but is at max 1 inch long. Thank you for confirming I can try to exchange it at some point.

4. iphone3DG3 macrumors member

Do they still ask you for your AT&T account when swapping phones?

5. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Girlfriend just went in a week before christmas to an apple store to exchange a white 3g that had about an inch crack from back usb port. It was a phone she bought off of her friend and the "genius" didnt say anything. He did ask though, do you guys know who Jessica is (her friend) and we said nope and he just said okay, heres your phone blah blah blah...