Do Three UK have a content block on PAYG?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 0dev, Feb 11, 2011.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I'm on T-Mobile right now and they have a content block to stop me from getting into "adult content." Thing is, it blocks random stuff like Urban Dictionary, and any "unmoderated content" like forums, social networking sites, etc.

Since I'm 16, they ain't gonna take it off for me, and since Three have better deals anyway, I was wondering if they also impose a stupid content lock like policy on their phones.

I did some Googling and can't find any official mention of it on their site, but I've come across a few forum threads which say that they do indeed have this block on their network and that they even charge to take it off.

So, can anyone here set the record straight and tell me if Three have a content block for the internet? If you have a pay as you go phone on Three, try getting into Urban Dictionary. Does it work? Have you ever come across any sort of internet block?

Thanks in advance!

2. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

I recently switched from O2 to Three, and I can tell you..

YES IT DOES!!

Love having a better service and better 3G but hate having the content block! Like you say it blocks random things for no reason!

AnDy

3. Badfoot macrumors 6502

4. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

I've worked out that proxy sites work on it just fine. If you go to Stupid Censorship and type in the site you want, it'll let you in :D