Do Tweeks etc drain the battery faster?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RolledUp20s, Mar 4, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the 4S and it's jail broken. I recently had my handset replaced & before I had loads of different Tweeks on it...battery wasn't great.
    So now, all I have put on Is killbackground - that's such a good tweek :) apple should put that in.

I haven't actually put anything else on yet..apart from a few safety packages etc.

So does the jailbrake alone drain the battery faster? Do mods & Tweeks cause battery drain?

Or..no, 'it doesn't make a difference & you think it's draining faster because your constantly on your iPhone modding and tweeking' :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not necessarily.

They can.

3. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Depends on what you download, some tweaks run in the background some don't. I have battery issues with my 4s and eventually had Apple replace it. I have the Darkbuuf theme (awesome) and it has some animations and widets that drain my battery, but before that I noticed a huge difference battery performance. Not sure if you have yet, but I would follow the normal troubleshooting steps floating around the web and if you are having issues, my last resort was having my phone replaced.