Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the 4S and it's jail broken. I recently had my handset replaced & before I had loads of different Tweeks on it...battery wasn't great.
So now, all I have put on Is killbackground - that's such a good tweek :) apple should put that in.

I haven't actually put anything else on yet..apart from a few safety packages etc.

So does the jailbrake alone drain the battery faster? Do mods & Tweeks cause battery drain?

Or..no, 'it doesn't make a difference & you think it's draining faster because your constantly on your iPhone modding and tweeking' :)

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
Depends on what you download, some tweaks run in the background some don't. I have battery issues with my 4s and eventually had Apple replace it. I have the Darkbuuf theme (awesome) and it has some animations and widets that drain my battery, but before that I noticed a huge difference battery performance. Not sure if you have yet, but I would follow the normal troubleshooting steps floating around the web and if you are having issues, my last resort was having my phone replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.