Do u guys think this texting problem is network related?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Aug 13, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Yesterday i had a huge lag with getting responses back from people who had other carries...verizon, tmobile, sprint...

so i called att and the first lady said she fixed it, which she didn't. I called back and the 2nd lady did something with my settings and said something like the different carrier texting was off. i never heard of this any truth in it?

I never heard of these so called "settings" they can do.

so anyway a little bit later after talkin to the 2nd lady it started working really fine and fast. u know like normal speed.

so today same thing happens, but not as bad of a lag, but close enough, so i call the guy does some "settings" thing and tell me to turn off my phone and leave it off for 15 seconds then turn it on.

i do, but it doesn't really fix it, so i say **** it im just gonna wait, so about 2 hours later it starts working again.

its weird cause something like this happened maybe 2 weeks ago, but it wasn't as bad it was a very short lag and went away quickly.

Anyway the funny thing is i know its not my phone because texts to att to att work fine for me. also i think the other carriers go my messages it was when they tried to reply to me that it took me like 45 min to get it.

so back to my original question

could it be they were doing things with the network at those times?

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes.

3. dboy261 macrumors newbie

ive been haveing some of the same problems iam not sure what it is but it better get fixed fast

4. Baedyn Guest

Yeah, I've been having big problems texting other carriers(mainly verizon) too for the past week =[

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

where do u guys live. im in north jersey near newark?

how long does ur lag last with verizon customers?

have u tried calling att to fix it?

if u have people with tmobile or sprint you would probably see a lag there too.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

how do u know its cause of network for sure?

it happend yesterday and today and last week. what could they be fixing so often.

and why does it work with att?

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

yea i have 2.01.

what u mean u have t-mobile on ur iphone 3g or 2g?

also u get lag from texting what carrier, because i only get it with anyone except for att.

8. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

also those topics u posted one was from july 2007 or something, so thats irrelevant.

i think it has to do with ATT network, because i have no problem sending it to other att customers, so its something with other carriers.

i called att and they reset my texting and it fixed it, but they did the same thing yesterday and it went back to lagging today.

this never happend to me before, so maybe there are updating something on towers, because if it was the phone: att guy even said that then i would not recieve it from anyone, so its not the phone. its just the network.

but once again can u guys answer the questions i asked above about specific information on the lag texts

thanks

9. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

I am on T-Mobile. 2.0.1. 2G.

Yesterday I experienced this: ATT users were getting my texts long after I sent them, some were getting my texts multiple times. Also, I was getting ATT users text messages long after they sent them to me.

Verizon: A verizon user sent me a text, and I recevied it at around 1:05AM. However, the time stamp was 12:25 AM.

10. PredatoryWasp86 macrumors member

you guys do realize this kind of thing happens at times with like every friggin phone and carrier that has ever existed in the universe

11. CrackerjacksM88 macrumors member

I have a Blackjack II on ATT and I also have problems receiving text messages from people on Verizon. (I'm from North Jersey also) Sometimes it could take up to thirty minutes to receive a text. I'm not sure how long it takes them to receive my texts. However, texting to other ATT people, I have no problem.

12. PredatoryWasp86 macrumors member

HOLY CARP!
    another phone besides the iPhone that doesn't function exactly as it should?!
    someone call MSNBC!

13. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I don't. You asked if that could be the case and I simply said yes. I didn't say that was definitely the case as I have no idea if it was. Could have been a network hiccup or some temporary bottleneck, who knows.

14. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

u with the t mobile since u aren't on at&t it's hard to tell if it's an AT&T network problem your using a diff carrier so it doesn't help some of us. But thanks.
    Also I know it happens but when I had verizon I don't remember it happening. It's just weird they get mine right away but I don't get there's til half hour to 45 min later. Idk why

When at&t does something with settings what Are they actually doing? Anyone know

15. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

I asked a friend of mine and they also had problems yesteray sending to verizon. So that means it was a network thing

16. laxguy2102 macrumors newbie

I have verizon and i was haveing problems texting to AT&T customers yesterday as well. it took about 30 minutes or so for my text to be recieved by them.

17. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

18. CrackerjacksM88 macrumors member

I just tested this issue with a friend on verizon. When I sent him a text, he received it instantly. When he texted me it took about 20 minutes to get. We did this again and I got his text instantly.

So this problem can be ATT receiving texts from other carriers or Verizon sending texts to other carriers.

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Actually the t-mobile users' post was one of the more relevant responses. Since he's on another carrier and experiencing lag while texting AT&T customers, wouldn't you conclude that the problem is related to AT&T's network??

20. bbwinkle macrumors member

I've had this texting lag since February. So all of you who say it is 2.0.1's fault, it isn't.

21. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

There's def. network issues somewhere, because I've had issues texting verizon peeps from m cell (ATT) and vice versa. and it happens too often for it to just be clogged pipes.

22. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I've also had problems with receiving Verizon text messages. They get my messages fine, I just don't receive theirs for 30 minutes later at times.

23. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

it can be them just randomly tuning up the network and we get hit with it. because it doesn't happen all the time. for me when i got my iphone in may i never had the problem. i only got it when i got the 3g and updated the firmware on it, but since i talked to a friend who has att and doesn't have an iphone and she said she also had lag with verizon customers

but i think i had with anyone who wasn't att, so idk if it was verizon

either way im sure its fixed and when it happens it just happens for a little bit and its cause they are probably doing something with the netowrk

24. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

messaging.att.com

I just tried sending texts to mynumber@messaging.att.com

i have yet to get them.

anyone else experiencing this issue?