iPad Do u recommend updating JB 6.1 iPad 3 to IOS7?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chargr, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

Just wondering if it's worth it? And what would be the safest way to update the software to IOS7 JB?

I want to use the new pages version, but in order to do so I need ios7 unless there's a way around it thanks.

2. ninety5eclipz macrumors member

There are mixed reviews on ios 7.0.4. I use it and love it on my ipad 2. Do some searching in the forums. There are plenty of post on it. Jailbreak with evasi0n but do it quick before apple pushes the new ios.

3. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

Have u noticed any slow down?

I already have my iPad jail broken 6.1, do I have to restore still than jail brake again?

4. ninety5eclipz macrumors member

I haven't but some people have. Do an iCloud backup then restore in iTunes to update to 7.0.4 then reinstall your backup. Then you can jailbreak with evasi0n. It's simple just click the button and let it do the rest.

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

My two iPad3's run just fine on both 7.1b3 and 7.0.4. I recommend upgrading.

6. Svs macrumors newbie

I do not recommend updating, my third gen ipad seems to be running sluggishly ever since the ios 7 update. From animation lag to freezing,safari crash,random reboots i restored my ipad several times yet the result is the same,well upgrading to beta solve most of my problem (ios 7.1b3 has expired and 7.1b4 and above can't be jailbroken)

7. patrickgerr macrumors member

Read up. There are stability performance issues with ios7. Maybe wait for issues to be fixed before upgrading

8. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I have 7.0.4 on my iPad 3. I have heard people talk about performance and stability issues. I have not experienced either and am glad that I upgraded. I would recommend it.

9. Chargr thread starter macrumors regular

Chargr

Looks like 50/50 opinions here...
    I'm mostly looking to upgrade because I want the Pages app and the new version only works in iOS 7, is there a way to bypass that requirement?

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Works fine on my ip5 and ipad2
    No problems and fast.

Mostly problems are caused by conflicting or older JB
    apps or because people restored from a backup.

Setup as new and you'll be fine.
    I would recommend updating as there might be a long wait for 7.1 JB.

11. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

BTW, I havent restored any kind of backup. Perhaps this is why 7.x runs fine on my two iPad 3's.

----------

exactly.