iPod touch Do u usually switch ur iPod off?

FangYuan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
I am not sure it is necessary to switch my touch off when I don't use it. It cost long time to boot, but it costs energy if it is sleeping. How do you think about it?

BTW, what do you mean by week 38 39 40..? Where can I find that on my Ipod? Are there any differences?

Thank you.

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
It is necessary. On the very back of your iPod it will say "Serial No. xxx__xxxxxx". The two blank spots are the week made.

SuperDaddy

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
Middle Earth
I was wondering the same thing.

Think I'll do a little test and see how long the battery lasts when the Touch is only put to sleep, and not turned off.

Turning it off screws up the "shuffle", and that SUCKS.

applecheese

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
i thought that if you turn off your ipod touch it stops the jailbreak hack and you have to redo it? am i wrong or did this issue get fixed?

Altes05

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
You have to restart it while jailbreaking......So yes you do have to turn it off 3 times

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I usually just put it to sleep. I don't bother turning it off except when I go to bed, which is like resetting your computer to clear the ram. It's much quicker to just sleep it cuz you don't have to slide anything and all you have to do is quickly press a button and your back in the game.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
You' really don't lose much battery life by sleeping, and it's much more convenient as well...

I would only do it if you don't often dock or charge your iPod.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Anyone notice better performance if it is turned off every night? I personally leave mine in sleep mode all the time when I'm not using it and everything seems to work well.

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
UK
i always sleep mine except for at night when im sleeping. i think the boot up time isnt to bad it just gets in the way sometimes thats all. :)

-MiniMan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.