Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Do we have any idea about the quantities of the 6S at launch? Are you expecting delivery times to be several weeks if ordered on Saturday?

I didn't participate in the 6 launch, so I don't remember how it went last year, but I remember the 5S launch, it was tough to find a gold one.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Every year everybody says Apple will be on top of it; however, they always seem to run out, along with their website crashing during preorders.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
That is what happened last year. The Apple Site was down for most of the first hour, and most launch day stock from Apple and others were gone within the first 15 minutes.

66gonzo

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
Considering there is a longer timeframe (2.5 weeks vs 1.5 weeks) between the keynote and the release date, I would HOPE that there will be a larger number of both devices at launch. I know last year carrier retail stores received 1 of each 6 Plus device and a few of each 6, where other stores didn't receive ANY versions of the 6 Plus.

Wait and see, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.