Do we know for sure that MacBooks will be refreshed June 2013?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dramaticdirector, Mar 15, 2013.

  1. dramaticdirector macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2013
    #1
    I am going to college and want a MacBook Pro. But I don't know if I should buy the ones that just came out in February or wait to see if they will update this June.
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    Personally I'd say that we'll not see the update until late summer since the Haswell chipset is not being released until June
     
  3. Applefanboy8153 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2012
    #3
    More like August to catch the crowd...students!
     
  4. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

    vatter69

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    #4
    Since the initial Haswell Chipset has an error with USB3.0 after wake up from Sleep, i don't think June is realistic. Add a couple of months. Fall 2013 sounds more realistic.
     
  5. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

    TallGuyGT

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2011
    #5
    I'm expecting refreshed MBPs at WWDC, but no one here can answer with any certainty. The Intel launch date is early June, and Intel typically launches when thier partners can ship systems. Sometimes Apple releases around Intel's launch, sometimes Apple releases many, many months later.

    I'd really like to expect a refreshed Mac Pro at WWDC, but don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
     
  6. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

    vatter69

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    #6
    They must have some glorious plans for the Mac Pro. I mean how hard can it be to slap some upgrades together in a box and sell it as early 2013 model?

    In Europe the current model cannot even been sold anymore due to some regulation crap.
     
  7. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

    swerve147

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2013
  8. dramaticdirector thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2013
    #8
    What would you recommend I do right now? I kinda want one for summer as I travel around.
     
  9. B... macrumors 68000

    B...

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2013
    #9
    If you want a non retina one, then grab one fast--Apple might cut them out of their Macbook lineup. If you want the 13" retina, I think you should wait if you can, for some problem solving (ghosting issues for example) and potential better price. Also, Haswell will bring a better iGPU and maybe better battery.
     

Share This Page