Do we need a sticky explaining the bill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ntombi, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Apparently, we're going to have a bunch of threads with people freaking out over their first iPhone bill.

Do we just need a sticky here for the next couple of weeks, explaining how the bill is calculated, what it means to prorate, etc?

I'm thinking it would save a lot of :rolleyes: and "JUST READ THE BILL" quotes that are coming. ;)

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I vote we need a sticky. Though it surprises me that this is going on, seeing as just about everyone in the US except T-Mobile bills the same way. Are these all first-time cell phone buyers?

3. atlken77 macrumors member

I got my first bill from AT&T and I thought that if you had read your bill, it makes perfect sense -- they did a very good job on explaining all the fees. Showing how the prorate was calculated.

It made perfect sense to me -- probably the clearest cell bill I have ever received....I have had TMobile & Sprint -- and they were both muddled...

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Agreed. Since they sent out an estimated bill explaining the charges before sending the actual bill.

I vote for a sticky, too.

5. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Amen, people just simply don't get it. Need to hold their hand and guide them through life sometimes... :rolleyes:

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

Okay now we need 3 stickies

1. iPhone/iPhone 3G has 1 Speaker
    2. iPhone/iPhone 3G won't work with iDen/CDMA networks
    3. iPhone/iPhone 3G first month bill ;)

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Forget stickies we need a pop up that appears whenever a newbie signs in. :D

"Did you know the iPhone only has one speaker?"

"Cancel or Allow"

8. sUGArDawg macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

No, just make a general sticky:

LISTEN TO WHAT THE AT&T REP FRIGGIN' TELLS YOU WHEN YOU SIGN UP

9. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Hahaha, have you spoken to an ATT rep lately? Maybe Im just talking to the wrong ones becayse they make no sense to me sometimes. I end up going to the forums, find what I need and calling them back to tell them what to do. Its insane.

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Theres just been another "my speaker doesnt work" thread posted. Hehe!

Can the mods not be issued with guns?

11. sUGArDawg macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

Mine was pretty straightforward:

Your first bill will be this much b/c activation fee and 2 month's service. Ta-daa

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

And that'd be a thread sticky for all >40 odd countries and more coming on line, not just a certain one?

13. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I received my AT&T bill a few days ago. At first, I saw the amount due and noticed my heart skipped a beat. But as I began to overview the entire bill, it makes perfect sense. It's definitely one of the easiest cell phone bills I have ever had. And I've been with all four of the major carriers at some point in time.

Come on people. Don't you all know how to read?

*edit*

And now that I think about it, the people who are freaking out are probably the ones who see the amount due and immediately begin to assume something is wrong without even reading the bill. Jumping the gun, they say.

14. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

15. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

The mods have a sense of humor i guess...
    They love to see people spin and pop veins in their forheads when n00bz ask the same question that is asked in 4 threads on the front page.

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

What I don't get is why people keep on flaming the newbies? If you see the question asked for the 100th time (Matte vs. Glossy anyone?), just ignore it. Let someone else help them.

Screaming SEARCH or bashing them about it is almost as bad as them asking their question.

Thats why they're newbies...

17. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

1. There's a reason the forum asks you to search before you start a new thread

2. If people simply read their bill, 90% of them wouldn't be confused

3. I neither scream nor bash, but I do get annoyed when I see the same question asked when there is a thread on the first page of the subforum. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to help, though.

4. If we don't remind newbies to search, how will they become de-newbified? ;)

I completely understand when people do search and maybe don't know the words to use to trigger a good return or when the question is slightly more esoteric, but "my bill is soooooo high" or "one of my speakers is broken!" are so prolific that there is usually one or both on the front page at any given time. Is it any wonder people are tired?